The day of your visit, scan the voucher with the QR code (that you will have received by email ) at the Colosseum entrance. You will be free to explore the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill at your own pace for as long as you like. The Colosseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is the biggest amphitheatre in the world. It was constructed by the Emperors of the Flavian Dynasty as a gift to the Roman people. It was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles and could hold between 50,000 and 80,000 spectators. It was the epicentre for entertainment, hosting all kinds of games such as gladiator battles and exotic animal fights.
The Roman Forum on the other hand was the center of day-to-day life in ancient Rome. All of the city's most important structures were located in the forum: temples, tribunals, basilicas, squares and markets. The Palatine Hill is one of the Seven Hills of Rome and it stands above the Roman Forum. It is the most ancient part of the city and at the time was considered to be one of the best neighborhoods, due to its beautiful views of Rome. It is located only 5 minutes walking distance from the Colosseum. It is a major archeological site with the ruins of many ancient Roman constructions such as the Hut of Romulus, the Stadium of Domitian and the Flavian Palace.
THIS IS NOT YOUR FINAL TICKET
After receiving your ticket by mail, head straight to the entrance
- You will receive 2 vouchers by email, please note that you will have to use the one with QR code and scan it at the Colosseum entrance
- Under 18s accompanied by an adult with a ticket are still able to skip the line, but must pay €2 in cash at the ticket booth and present a document to show that they are under 18
- This is a combo ticket that includes a single entry to both the Colosseum and to the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill archaeological site.
- The ticket is valid for 48 hours.
- You can choose to visit the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill and the Colosseum in any order. See them both on the same day or spread the visits over two days.
- If the first day you enter the Colosseum the second day you will be allowed to enter the Roman Forum & Palatine archeological site the following day, or vice versa but remember that for any given ticket you can only visit each site once.
- For safety reasons, no luggage or large backpacks are allowed inside the Colosseum.
- This skip the line ticket doesn't include a guided tour
All sales are final and, unfortunately, no refunds can be given.
September 15, 2018
I did the visit and didn't want to wait so I bought this option. Good experience, and I recommend!! Děkuji!